Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Top Design" Finale: As Expected

Since it became my obsession, I should say something about the finale of “Top Design”…

As usual, the Bravo promos were completely deceptive as the person I thought was going to win did win, although just barely.

Pulling a page out of the “Project Runway” playbook, the final three were given three eliminated contestants to help them—Eddie, Natalie and surprisingly, Andrea. Now granted, they were the last three eliminated, but since Andrea dropped out to go back to her family, I thought it was a little cruel.

But, of course, Andrea was teamed with Ondine, who she spared from elimination. And Eddie was teamed with Preston, who he had spoken disparagingly of all season. Nathan got lucky and was paired with Natalie, who he adores.

And when it was all said and done, as expected, Nathan and Preston rose to the top. Preston probably designed the better house, but Nathan was more creative and took more chances. Thankfully, the judges recognized that and gave the win to Nathan.

Though I was happy with the result, I was a little disappointed with the ending of the show. The celebration was extremely muted and almost cut off by the interviews with the other two designers. The show really needed to devote a few more minutes to the closing scenes.

However, I won’t let that ruin my enthusiasm for “Design” and as long as the fierce India Hicks returns as host, I will be there for the next season…

Photo Credits: Isabella Vosmikova/Bravo & Peter Tangen/Bravo