Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Help for the Holidays #3: Disney Channel Scene It?

I love board games. And the “Scene It?” games from Mattel are some of my favorites…

Especially those related to TV. I have the TV edition, the Warner Bros. TV edition and, of course, the “Friends” edition. And at the risk of sounding overly cocky, I’m pretty good at all of them.

But with the new Disney Channel edition, I have seriously met my match…

If you’ve never played one of the “Scene It?” games, they combine written trivia questions with questions/puzzles on DVD. You’re able to watch clips of shows and then answer questions about them that range from what happens next to what color was the bow in her hair. There are individual questions and “play all” questions which allow all the players to try to answer.

The Disney Channel edition asks about everything Disney Channel—original series like “Hannah Montana,” “That’s So Raven” and “Phineas and Ferb;” and original movies like “High School Musical” and “Twitches.”

I thought I watched Disney Channel a lot, but I was clearly wrong. I was able to handle most of the DVD questions because they didn’t ask for such specific bits of trivia. But I have to confess I only got one of the written questions and that’s only because it was about “High School Musical.”

However, if you have a Disney Channel junkie in your house they’ll have no problem answering where Miley maxed out her credit cards or the name of the librarian on “Kim Possible.” And they’ll love watching all of the clips from their favorite shows.

Actually, even if you aren’t a Disney Channel junkie you’ll love watching all the clips, since they’re exactly what makes the “Scene It?” games so much fun to start with.

Now, if only they would do a Bravo edition. I know I would totally rock at that one…

“Disney Channel Scene It?” is available now…

Next week, we’ll talk about toys that allow you to channel your inner spy…