Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, May 13, 2011

CBS Makes Ashton Kutcher Official

CBS officially announced today that Ashton Kutcher is joining the cast of “Two and a Half Men.”

Here’s Kutcher’s statement from the press release:

“I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes. I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my a-- off to entertain the h--l out of people!”

Chuck Lorre, the show’s creator and executive producer also issued a statement through the release: “We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family. Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal.”

“Variety” reported that Kutcher’s salary will be a “hefty six-figure sum” but “significantly lower” than the $1 million per episode that had been reported. Either is significantly lower than the reported $2 million per episode Charlie Sheen earned.

I’ve already had one request to talk about this in my column, but I’m going to withhold judgment until we hear what role Kutcher will be playing. Then I’ll let her rip…