Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"Supermodel" Finale: Never Underestimate the Kid

If you haven’t seen the season finale of “Make Me a Supermodel,” stop reading now…

As the final three of Sandhurst, Jonathan and Branden prepared for their final catwalk, Sandhurst told Branden he owed him an apology. “I underestimated you,” he told him.

He wasn’t the only one…

At the beginning of the season, I couldn’t stand Branden and his apparent homophobia, but little by little he grew on me. Still at the start of tonight’s finale, I was saying that it would be a total travesty if Jonathan didn’t win. But by the end of the hour, I was hoping that somehow Branden would pull it out.

And when he did, I practically jumped in the air. But since I’m sitting in the floor, due to a lack of couch, that would have been a little difficult…

I spent most of the hour saying out loud about Branden, “He’s so cute.” The 18-year-old made me laugh as he got excited about everything. And he made me cry as he shared a tearful reunion with his mother, and then broke down on the catwalk when judge Catherine Malandrino asked him if it was hard growing up without a father figure (His father left when he was very young.).

I also spent the hour saying, “The kid is bringing it,” as Branden appeared to switch into a higher gear with both the opening photo shoot and a test cover shoot with “Cosmopolitan.” And Sandhurst and Jonathan could see it as well…

I have no doubt that both Jonathan and Sandhurst will get signed. Branden needed this to get him on the right foot with what looks like to be a promising career.

I look forward to speaking with him, if all goes well, tomorrow...

Photo Credit: Barbara Nitke/Bravo