Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, September 07, 2007

Scandal Rocks "High School Musical"

What could possibly stop the juggernaut that is “High School Musical”?

How about a nude photo of one of its stars on the Internet…

The star in question is Vanessa Hudgens (Gabriella). And yes, it is her in the picture.

Yesterday, her rep issued a statement saying, “This was a photo which was taken privately. It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public.”

Today, Hudgens issued an apology to TVGuide.com, saying, "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me. I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

"The Enquirer," which broke the story, reports that the picture was taken for her boyfriend, Zac Efron.

This comes the same week that the new issue of “Teen” magazine hits the stands with Hudgens on the cover. In the interview inside, she says, “I’ve been brought up with very good morals, and I’m not going to go out and do something I don’t want other kids to do. I love being a role model because, in Hollywood, there aren’t a lot of role models to look up to.”

Ouch…

Now the speculation begins as to how Disney will react. Disney refused to offer a comment today as to whether this incident will cost Hudgens a role in "HSM 3."

I’m betting that $1 million offer is looking pretty good right now...

In her defense, she didn’t get wasted and hit a tree, or any of the other things teen stars are doing these days, but it does give ammunition to all of the people who have been doubting the wholesomeness of the “HSM” stars.

And it gives Disney one heck of a problem…