Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, September 07, 2007

Ryan on the Emmys: Will He Get Musical?


During a telephone press conference, Ryan Seacrest revealed that this year’s Emmys would kick off with a musical number. When he wouldn’t give any details, the anti-Ryan bloggers kicked into high gear, concerned that Ryan would attempt to sing himself.

But now comes word from FOX that Stewie and Brian Griffin of “Family Guy” will “honor the year in television with a 2-D original performance.” Speculation is that this was what Ryan was referring to.

Ryan also said that producers were still trying to get Justin Timberlake to participate, but his show at the Staples Center that night “makes the equation more complicated.” Of course, we know how much FOX loves taped-as-if-live musical performances, so maybe they’ll go that route…

As for Ryan himself, he told reporters, “I’m not going to prove myself to be a late-night host at the Emmys. I’m going to try and make the show fun, and I would love to be funny, and I’m going to try my best to have a sense of humor about it. Some people are laughing reading the line, ‘Ryan Seacrest is hosting the Emmys.’”

In all honesty, I had no intention of live-blogging the ceremony this year, but the prospect of the entire thing blowing up in FOX’s faces was just too good to resist. And I like FOX…

The 59th Primetime Emmys airs Sunday, September 16th at 8 p.m. on FOX. I’ll be live-blogging beginning around 7:55 p.m. and I’ll have my predictions for the winners on Friday…