Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Catching up with "Christine," "Pepper," "Lost," "The O.C" and "Commander"

So, if you were like me, you had a busy Easter weekend.

Now that things have slowed down a little, let me catch up on some things…

A few weeks ago, I finally caught “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Is the “Seinfeld” curse really over? It may just be. “Christine” was funny with good supporting characters; but I hated the way this episode ended. Matt Letscher, who has made a career playing sleazebags (“Good Morning, Miami,” “Joey”) finally played a decent guy and Christine dumped him! As far as sitcoms go, though, it’s not bad…

Why do the critics so despise “Pepper Dennis”? Yes, Brooke Burns steals the show right out from under the star, Rebecca Romijn; but I think it’s the first romantic comedy to come along in a while that’s actually worth watching. Loved the “X-Men” homage when Pepper ended up covered in blue paint…

Wednesday’s “Lost” was so sweet and touching as we saw what a loving couple Rose and Bernard are. But then, of course, it had to get all creepy on me as we learned the island healed Rose, like it did Locke (She’s the only one who knows he was in a wheelchair.) and Michael returned from going after The Others. I’ve got a feeling things are going to get really ugly on that island…

I should be really mad at “The O.C.,” but for some reason, I’m not. I think it’s because I just don’t care anymore. Now, don’t get me wrong. I am definitely not happy about this whole Seth and Summer break-up thing, or Anna coming back, or Teresa coming back, or Marissa and Volchek, or—Why am I still watching this show again?...

Speaking of shows I have no idea why I bothered to watch, why did ABC even bother to bring back “Commander In Chief”? Steven Bochco was still listed as the Executive Producer, but it was clearly not his show. We went back to the original premise of Mack trying to accomplish something while Templeton tries to undermine it. Then, the two face off and in the last five minutes, Mack finds some way to defeat him.

Someone should tell these people that the good guys don’t always win.

There were other quick changes as well as Rod moved out of the West Wing and back into his First Gentleman duties. The planned date between Dickie and Jayne didn’t happen as Jayne seemed to rekindle her flirtation with Jim Gardner. And I’m still not sure whether or not Mack fired Dickie (Recent commercials suggest that she did not.).

But the worst part of “Commander In Chief” was the ridiculous storyline that a Democratic operative slipped a pill in Rod’s drink to make him appear drunk. Then that same operative made it look like Rod fondled her. With all those cameras around, no one captured the fact that it was an accident? And what does that say about the Secret Service?

It was just totally unrealistic. And I’m a “24” fan. Realism means nothing to me…

Did you see something this past week that you want to talk about? Just drop me a comment…