Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, March 29, 2010

"24: The Final Hours"

I admit it. When the words “24: The Final Hours” flashed on the screen tonight, I almost cried. I honestly don’t know how I’m going to handle this…

One way I’m dealing with it is to put together a list of The Top 24 “24” Moments and I would love your help. Feel free to send your favorite moment to me at hdstaytuned@hotmail.com. I’d love to hear from you.

In the meantime, let me share this outstanding interview with Kiefer Sutherland from today’s “Variety.”

I especially appreciate what he has to say about 9/11:

“I felt for the first two weeks after 9/11 that I couldn't believe I had wasted my life as an actor. Those were the moments when I think, rightfully so, we truly valued the police officers, the firemen, the doctors, the nurses, the people who can actually physically contribute at that exact moment.

I was walking down the street in a daze like that, and a guy was walking down the street and said to me, 'Hey man, I can't wait to see your show." And I remember looking up and, I don't think I said anything, but I remember thinking, "How can you say something like that at a time like this?" And then I walked a couple blocks more and then I thought, "Well, how can you not?"

That's what we do, we create entertainment. Sometimes more thoughtful than not. But we provide an outlet for people to sometimes get away from something. In the case of Jack Bauer, that was a unique phenomenon at a time where I, myself, and a lot of other people felt so helpless about what was happening. Jack Bauer was this character that was doing something about that world. I certainly have heard from people that they felt a kind of gratification from that.”

You can read the rest of the interview here.

Photo Credit: Ray Mickshaw/FOX