Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

HUGE News: Jay's Staying at NBC!

See what I miss when I don’t check my e-mail at night?

Allow me to interrupt your morning with HUGE news that you’ve probably already heard. Jay Leno is staying at NBC.

The network is expected to announce at a news conference today that Jay will get a new show weeknights at 10 p.m.

This is HUGE for two reasons. Number one, it means Jay is not going to another network. Number two, it means that NBC will not have any scripted shows at 10 p.m. during the week.

Jeff Zucker hinted that changes were coming at a presentation yesterday in which he mentioned the idea that NBC may have to cut back on programming due to its financial struggles.

But giving up 10 p.m. every night? YIKES!

I have to say that I’m a little bummed about this because I really wanted Jay to go to another network and destroy Conan O’Brien in the ratings. And, I’m not sure how this whole 10 p.m. thing will work for him. But I’ll get over it because if Jay’s happy, I’m happy.

And the fact that Jay probably got the NBC execs to crawl back to him with this offer does give me some satisfaction.

I’ll have more on this one later…