Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, December 07, 2008

On This Morning's Announcement...

I thought I would wipe away the tears and write a little something about this morning’s announcement of the new moderator of “Meet the Press.”

Don’t tell me you’re surprised to hear that I cried…

Tom Brokaw got a little nostalgic as he talked about how much he appreciated the support he received from viewers as he took a job he really didn’t want to take. Then he introduced the new moderator, David Gregory.

And that’s when I lost it. Not because I was sad about Chuck Todd not getting the job but because of the respectful and reverent way Gregory accepted the baton, paying tribute to Tom and of course Tim Russert.

But leave it to Tom to keep it from getting too sentimental as he cautioned Gregory that he could no longer do his dead-on impersonation of him…

I’m still unsure as to how this is going to work, but it was nice to hear Gregory say “I’m not Tim…I can only hope to make him proud.”

Here’s hoping that he will…

You can see the announcement for yourself here…