Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Day I've Been Dreading Is Finally Here

The day I have been dreading for years is finally here…

Tonight, I will not be able to watch “Friends” at 7 o’clock on FOX 11 (WVAH).

Now, I know that I have seen every episode a billion times and that I have all of the DVDs, but it’s just not the same. That half-hour at 7 o’clock has been part of my daily ritual for years, and it’s going to be hard to get used to not having it.

I remember that FOX 11 used to show back-to-back episodes until they got “Everybody Loves Raymond.” I remember how mad I was then, but I consoled myself with the fact that I still had one episode.

But then, every fall, I would hold my breath a little as I waited to see if FOX 11 was making any changes to their schedule; and then I would celebrate when they left “Friends” alone.

Now, that fall has finally come…

Beginning tonight, FOX 11 will show back-to-back episodes of “Two and a Half Men” at 7 p.m. “Friends” is moving to 2 p.m.

For the record, I have nothing against “Two and a Half Men,” but it’s just not “Friends.” I also don’t understand why it’s necessary to run back-to-back episodes since they’ll just burn through the seasons faster and they could’ve taken the opportunity to re-team it with its old CBS partner, “Everybody Loves Raymond.” And then, they could’ve moved “Friends” to 6:30 p.m.—which would have been okay with me since I can’t sit through the evening news anymore anyway.

There’s a running joke in my family that my mom doesn’t like change. Apparently, she’s not the only one…