Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Manic Monday: I don't know what to say...

As I watch the shows I blog about like “24” and “Heroes,” I look for central themes or major moments that I can focus my writing around.

But on this Manic Monday, the only central theme I could come up with is “I have no idea what to say”…

Warning: The remainder of this post (and a picture) contains details about last night’s episodes of “24,” “Heroes” and “CSI: Miami.”

Last week, I finally admitted that “24” was in trouble. And then two executive producers admitted that this season had been a disappointment. Coincidence? Of course, but obviously I’d like to think my admission caused them to make theirs…

So this week, the promos promised us “the episode we’ve been waiting for.” You know a season is bad when the promo department resorts to lying, because I’m still waiting for that episode…

Yes, we got Jack shooting it out with the bad guys—which was cool—but then he made one of his blunders that he usually makes in the beginning of the season. Jack, always stop the fan with the empty gun. You’ll need the one with ammo in it to shoot the bad guys.

And how can you not love Peter MacNicol who is becoming my hero with each and every week. Tom’s lack of patience with Lisa as she began to have second thoughts about helping spread false information to the Russian spy was classic. And hey. At least he got a show out of it…

But where was the dramatic reveal of Jack’s father working with Cheng? In the old days, the show would have never put James Cromwell’s name in the credits. And we would have heard his voice before they showed his face. But these days it seems like everyone’s just in a hurry to get this season over with.

Even the classic “24” main character death got a rush job as we barely had the chance to process Milo moving to the head of the possible death list before he was killed. And regardless of what the writers say, I can’t think of any other reason for his death than shock value…

But if it gives us one less annoying person at CTU to worry about, I’m okay with it.

As for ending the season with the return of one of the worst storylines in show history?

I have no idea what to say…

Usually I have plenty to say about “Heroes,” but not this time. I know we’re setting up something big here, but after last week’s amazing episode, this one was a disappointment…and a little confusing…

Again, I have to ask, why did Linderman try to kill Nathan if he needed him to be the person to lead the country after the explosion? Remember that it was Linderman’s goons that caused the accident that crippled Nathan’s wife. Was that just to keep him in line? And now Nathan’s mom is suddenly in this up to her neck?

And how many of you think that when Molly gets her powers back she’ll be able to tell Mohinder where his supposedly dead sister is?

But for me, the moment that most sticks out from this episode was Sylar sitting on the floor using his mother’s blood to paint a picture of the explosion…

I truly didn’t know what to say…

Since I sped through “Heroes,” I got to see the last 10 minutes of “CSI: Miami.” It looked as if Ryan (who is looking seriously hot with that spiky hair) was going to get his job back, but instead, Horatio gave Ryan one of his cryptic lines, put on his sunglasses, and walked away…

And once again, I had no idea what to say…

Still managed to find something to write, though, didn’t I? Maybe I had more to say than I thought...