Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, May 07, 2007

"Desperate Housewives": No More Drama?

Warning: This post contains details about last night’s episode of “Desperate Housewives.”

“You’re a drama junkie,” Toni the guide told Susan. “When there is no drama, you create it.”

Wow! Have there ever been truer words spoken on this show? I thought the whole Susan chasing after Mike thing was going to be stupid, so imagine my surprise when it was used to sum up all of the thoughts we had all been thinking all season long…

“I would’ve waited for him,” Toni told Susan when Susan shared her dilemma about Mike in the coma. I would have too, Toni. I would have too.

The only disappointment with this story was the ending. Yes, we got a nice romantic reunion, as Mike picked Susan up and planted a nice big one on her. But after almost an entire season of waiting for these two to get back together, a longer scene would have been nice.

Wait, I forgot. With Susan, it’s no more drama…

But with Lynette, it’s plenty of drama—drama that doesn’t always make sense. I loved Tom’s “conversation” with Rick, but the rest of it? Was that just so Felicity Huffman could show us how well she can cry? I just didn’t get it…

And speaking of not getting things, it looks like I was wrong about Edie faking a pregnancy to keep Carlos. She tried more drastic measures—like trying to get joint custody of her kid (How great was it to see Greg Evigan again?). Fortunately, Carlos put a stop to it, but did he mean what he said? You know he’s still hung up on Gabrielle…

And speaking of Gabrielle, you just knew there would be something up with Victor. But what kind of town is Fairview anyway that you have to use mob tactics to be the mayor? Couldn’t he have just fired that guy? And clearly Victor is not the shrewdest of politicians since he let Gabrielle sport that bruise in front of everyone at the party. I would’ve bought her a big bracelet to cover it up before people started thinking I had given it to her…

But maybe that’s just because I’m a drama junkie myself…

Labels: