Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, June 05, 2006

Catching Up: "CSI:Miami"

In looking over my blog, I realized that I forgot to post anything about the season finale of “CSI:Miami.”

In my post “Deadly Monday,” I warned that the resolution to the mole story would be a disappointment. “Anytime ‘Miami’ tries to do an actual storyline,” I wrote, “it blows up in their faces (Raymond’s alive, anyone?).”

But guess what? “Miami” actually tried a twist—and it worked.

Don’t get me wrong, the Mole storyline was a little disappointing. The writers briefly toyed with the possibility that Dan was the culprit; but of course, it was Natalia, the obvious choice. The writers did throw in some intrigue about Natalia sleeping with Delko and Wolfe (which was new information) to get more scoop on the lab, but I missed that because I turned the channel out of disappointment.

But I turned back just in time to see the twist on the Mole story that actually made the whole thing work. It seems that Monica, the Assistant State Attorney, who had been after Horatio all season, planted Natalia in the lab. But when she grew frustrated at Natalia’s lack of information, she used her fiancé, Peter, to create cause for an FBI investigation of the lab. The bonus is that Peter had been Calleigh’s crush (He had been interested too.) and he chose to turn the tables on Monica to help Calleigh. I hope this means that Peter will return to finally start their relationship (even though Calleigh would be a great girl for Ryan).

So I was wrong about the actual storyline blowing up, right? Sadly, no. It’s just that the messed up story was the Mala Noche one. Horatio and Delko stopped just short of going totally Jack Bauer on the guy who killed Marisol, which they later regretted when he was extradited to Brazil. So, at the end of the episode, Horatio announced, “We’re going to Brazil.”

What?! Does that make any sense? Is the show actually going to go to Brazil?

I know it’s the number one show in the world (No kidding.), but this may be pushing it too far.

But with “CSI:Miami,” I wouldn’t expect anything less. I just make sure I’m prepared for the disappointment, so I “don’t get fooled again.”