Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This just in: I AM ANGRY!!!

As if ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson wasn't already on my list for scheduling the "Alias" finale against the "24" finale (not to mention scheduling the "Grey's Anatomy" finale against "24"), now he's got me really steamed.

If you read my previous post, you know that I was all jazzed about seeing this week's "Commander In Chief." I even called it my pick of the week. Remember how I told you that President Allen would find a way to beat Templeton? Looks like ABC did it for her.

ABC has pulled "Commander" from the schedule starting this Thursday. It will be replaced by "Primetime." The remaining episodes will supposedly air sometime this summer. I should've known there was a problem when there were no "Commander" promos during "Boston Legal" last night.

This, my friends, most likely means the end of the Allen Presidency. I had thought there might be some hope after it was announced that the first season of "Commander" would be released on DVD October 3rd. But alas, it looks like there is none.

Now, it's important to note that ABC has done stranger things before, like last year when they renewed "Jake In Progress" at the eleventh hour (only to air a single episode); but I think this time it's really the end.

I have to say that "Commander" has been one of the most frustrating shows I have ever watched. It's sad that it's axed, just as it was getting its act together. It went from being the highest-rated new show to cancelled in one single season. That's got to be a record.

But if Steve McPherson is looking for someone to blame, he need only look in the mirror.