Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Would You Take $40,000 For Six Weeks of Work? Ed O'Neill Won't...

Ed O’Neill: I just had a thing last week where I thought for sure I was going to do a thing for HBO with Al Pacino and Bette Midler. Mamet directing. And I get the offer, six weeks work, I’m playing Bruce Cutler, [Phil Spector’s] lawyer, and they said ‘$40,000.’

Rob Lowe: “Ex-squeeze me?” (Laughs)

O’Neill: So I said, ‘I thought you said $40,000 for six weeks’ work.’ ‘Yeah.’ Scale. ‘Yeah.’ Is Al working for scale?’ ‘No.’ ‘Is Bette working for scale?’ ‘No.’ I said, ‘Well, good luck.’ Now, I’m not doing it.

Lowe: You can’t.

O’Neill: Of course I can’t do it. But then you say 'Wait a minute, what the f---?' You know. That lasts about three or four days. Then you say, 'Well, I’m going to Hawaii.' That happens all the time.

Lowe: You know why it happens? It’s because they know that at the end of the day we love good material. And they will use that to exploit us. And that’s -- excuse me – bull---.

In today’s economy, these guys are complaining about making $40,000 for six week’s work?! Seriously?! That’s more than the majority of Americans make in a year. O’Neill really should have kept his mouth shut.