Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pick of the Week: Conan Speaks! UPDATED

Sometimes if you wait long enough, the answer reveals itself…

I’ve been trying to select a Pick for this week for days. Suddenly, this morning, it showed up in my Inbox…

My Pick of the Week is “60 Minutes.”

So why in the world would I pick a newsmagazine? Because it has snagged the first post-NBC interview with Conan O’Brien.

CBS announced yesterday that Steve Kroft interviewed Conan this week for the interview to air on Sunday. But if you’re expecting to see wall-to-wall promotion during CBS’s biggest shows this week, you’re going to be disappointed. According to the terms of his agreement with NBC, Conan is not allowed to appear on TV until May 1st. That includes promos.

So you best believe that CBS will be using every other avenue possible to promote the appearance. And I guess I just helped them, didn’t I?

You guys know that I am firmly on Team Leno, but I still like Conan. And I will absolutely be watching this one…

“60 Minutes” airs Sunday, May 2nd at 7 p.m. on CBS…

UPDATE: Here's an interesting blog post by the expert on late-night fiascos, Bill Carter of "The New York Times." It tells a little more about restrictions placed on the interview.