Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some Random Thoughts on a Tuesday Night About Monday Night…

So here are some of my thoughts about what I watched on Monday night…

I made “The Big Bang Theory” my Pick of the Week, and it was hilarious as always. But as far as Penny and Leonard, we got a bit of a cliffhanger as Penny revealed she didn’t want Leonard to go to the North Pole for three months, but only to us and her door. So, Leonard went, and the final scene of the season was the guys working at the North Pole as Wolowitz tried to figure out how he was going to survive the three months without killing Sheldon. Of course, my biggest question is not whether or not Penny will wait for Sheldon. My biggest question is how the guys will survive without finding out the resolution of “Batman: The Battle For the Cowl” for three months…

I’m such a geek…

Last week, “How I Met Your Mother” threw us a real curveball when they made it seem like Stella was possibly the mother after all. But it turned out to be just another twist in the story, as apparently, Ted’s chance meeting with Stella somehow leads to the eventual meeting of the mother. We may have gotten a hint of how that happens when Ted mentioned that Stella’s boyfriend wrote a successful movie that appeared to be based on their lives. The poster said the movie came out in 2010, so I’m guessing it will come up next season.

I have to say this little twist actually made me interested in the mother mystery again, but not enough to make me forget the whole Robin-Barney thing, which should come to a head next week…

Now to “24.” You guys know I love this show. And over the years, I have forgiven it for a lot of things, but I’m concerned that this whole Tony thing could be unforgivable. I admit I was still hoping that somehow Tony would turn out to be a good guy. But last night, that appeared to go right down the toilet. I still think the show will try to find a way to redeem Tony by having him save Jack or Kim’s life, but I can’t see his story ending any other way than with his death. And that’s more than a little upsetting.

Kudos, though, for the excellent use of Aaron Pierce. Who would’ve thought that Aaron could bring down the Presidency?...

That brings me to “CSI: Miami.” Elizabeth Berkley was at her cheesy best last night as Julia completely lost it and tried to kill Wolfe. But the story took a sad turn as Horatio realized that Julia’s “mental disintegration” was due to him taking Kyle away from her because she stole some pills that were actually stolen by Tara. It was cool that Wolfe got to help bring Tara down considering all the trouble he’s been in lately. Next week, the show looks to be at its cheesetastic best as Delko teams up with his Russian mobster father (a story I’ve never understood) and his girlfriend Calleigh shoots at him. I wouldn’t dare miss that…