Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, December 22, 2008

"Top Chef The Game" Review: Fun Even If You Don't Know What You're Doing

One of the funny things about me being such a fan of “Top Chef” is that I know absolutely nothing about cooking.

Oh, I can follow a simple recipe; but I don’t know a seviche from a salad.

In fact, many times I’m forced to go to the glossary in the back of my “Top Chef” cookbook to find out what they’re even making.

So it’s no surprise that I would not be very good at “Top Chef: The Game.”
But that doesn’t mean I didn’t have fun trying…

In this game, you guide your chef through quickfire and elimination challenges making dishes to score points for technique, but also to please the judges, Padma and Tom. But don’t panic, you don’t have to be a master chef. However, it does help to know what flavors work together—which I obviously don’t, since I was told to pack my knives more than once. Once I figured out the hints, though, I started doing much better and even made a four star dish that pleased Tom.

Just don’t ask me what was in it because I don’t have a clue…

Because this is “Top Chef,” you have to race against the clock, which is not always easy, but it does make things more interesting. And there are even other chefs who like to trash talk. But they can’t possibly ruin your fun, because there’s just too much to be had…

And don’t look now, but I might actually learn a little something about cooking while I’m having fun.

Wouldn’t that be something?

If you're a fan of the show, you must have this game. It's lots of fun...even if you don't know what you're doing...

“Top Chef: The Game” (SRP $19.95) is for the Win XP/Vista/ Mac OS X platforms and is available in stores and online now from Brighter Minds Media, which happens to be based in Columbus, Ohio…
Photo Credit: Brighter Minds Media