Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, October 23, 2008

“Top Design”: Goodbye to My Fave

Although I predicted it in my post Tuesday, I feel like I should say something about the departure of my favorite “Top Design” contestant, Andrea…

I’ve had my favorite reality contestants be cruelly eliminated after doing the right thing (Robert, “Project Runway”), be the favorite only to choke in the last challenge (Richard, “Top Chef: Chicago”) and I’ve had them eliminated in complete and devastating shockers (Constantine, “American Idol”).

But I’ve never had one ask to leave the competition, which is what Andrea did last night.

As I’d told you earlier, Andrea had been missing her family terribly and last night was no exception—especially when she found out her husband, Ricky Schroder, was filming a movie directly across the street from where she was. And the beautiful flowers and love poem he sent her didn’t really help her state of mind (although it was really sweet).

So when it came time to answer the judges’ questions last night, Andrea admitted her shortcomings when it comes to accessorizing, said she was tapped out and told the judges she should probably just go home.

But the judges still deliberated with Jonathan Adler expressing anger at Andrea for what he viewed as an insult to the other contestants. In the end, however, they all agreed it was Ondine that deserved to go home. So when Andrea and Ondine returned, they let Andrea decide what to do. If she decided to stay, Ondine would go home.

The news that she wasn’t being eliminated seemed to revive Andrea and she actually considered staying, but in the end she missed her family more and left the show with, as she said, no regrets…

I have to give the editors of the episode credit, though, for trying so hard to fool us. Eddie and his out-of-control cockiness was the focus of much of the episode, which is unusual since Eddie had immunity. It almost gave you the impression that Eddie might ask to go home because he didn’t agree with the judges.

And I’m sorry, Eddie, but that dining room was REALLY ugly…

Next week, it’s down to the final four. And they’ll have their work cut out for them as Jeff Lewis returns as the guest judge.

Is that a smackdown with Eddie I smell? Man, do I hope so because that guy seriously needs a good smacking…

“Top Design” airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on Bravo…
Photo Credit: Peter Tangen/Bravo & Isabella Vosmikova/Bravo