Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 22, 2008

"Criminal Minds" Review: Hold On to Something

As I said earlier, CBS procedurals are not really my thing and that includes “Criminal Minds.”

But if every episode was as pulse-pounding as the season premiere, I might change my mind…

If you’ve never seen it, “Minds” follows the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. When last we saw the BAU agents, each of them were getting into their SUV, and one of the SUVs blew up.

CBS has asked that I not reveal whose SUV exploded, but if you’ve seen the network’s VERY revealing promo, you already know (and I’ve given you a little hint in the photo). But you’ll know very quickly as the premiere picks up right where the finale left off.

And from the opening moments, the show pushes down on the gas and doesn’t let up with lots of twists and turns, dazzling special effects and amazing direction.

The problem is that “24” fans will pick up the biggest twist immediately because of casting, which was kind of a bummer. But it’s still fun to see it all play out.

What isn’t a bummer is Shemar Moore (Morgan), who is awesome running around the streets with a gun. If I was a “Minds” writer, I would have him do that every episode…and have him take off his shirt a few times…

This was the first time I had seen the show since Joe Mantegna joined the cast and I have to say I was totally shocked at how out-of-place he seemed. The rest of the cast, though, is top-notch.

If you’re a fan of “Minds,” you will be blown away by the premiere. But if you’re not and you’re looking to add another procedural drama to your must-see list, this may be the one…

“Criminal Minds” premieres Wednesday, September 24th at 9 p.m. on CBS…

Photo Credit: Sonja Fleming/CBS