Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, August 15, 2008

Am I Over "Project Runway"?


You guys know I have had nothing but the utmost love for “Project Runway” since I fell for it midway through season two.

But Wednesday night, I actually heard myself say the words, “I am so over this show.”

I know. I can’t believe it either.

My disgust began last week with the Olympic challenge. The designers were challenged to design an outfit for the U.S. Olympic team for the Opening Ceremonies. I thought it was a good challenge, but unfortunately, the designers didn’t have a clue. And a trip through the track and field museum didn’t help as it only made the designers want to emulate the older designs they saw.

As last year’s winner, Christian, might say, it was a hot tranny mess.

In other words, the designs stunk…

In fact, there were only three out of the thirteen designs that were worth considering. I think Heidi should have totally dressed the designers down for missing the challenge so badly. But instead, she sent some of the worst designs to safety because their scores were good enough to move on. And for the second week in a row, the judges made a questionable choice for the winner.

The episode also tried very hard to create some villains, but it just didn’t work—unless you count Kenley’s laugh as a villain. I certainly hate it.

This week the designers teamed up, which usually always creates drama. Usually. But these designers are so blah that you can’t even get into their squabbles.

The designers were challenged with making an outfit for Brooke Shields’ character on “Lipstick Jungle.” And, of course, Shields will wear the winning outfit on the show (on NBC, naturally).

The designs were better this time, though I think the judges should have kept everyone on the runway instead of letting Joe and Korto’s poorly sewn dress slide.

But in all honesty, I have no idea what the judges are looking at anymore…

Now you might think my frustration with the judges in this episode stems from the elimination of Kelli from Columbus. But she actually deserved to go home (And reading her diss of the judges, the show and Brooke Shields on the Bravo website only confirmed that). My frustration was once again with the choice of winner.

Heidi said Jerrell and Stella’s (?!) dress was her favorite and it was clearly Shield’s favorite (Or so I thought. Tim Gunn said in his blog that she “hated” the belt.). Nina said nothing bad about it and Michael loved it as well (as did I). So why didn’t it win? I actually said, “What?!” when Keith and Kenley were announced as the winning team.

Last week, a blogger wrote what I had been thinking but didn’t dare write myself—Is Bravo trying to sabotage the show before it moves to Lifetime?

I honestly don’t think that they are (although releasing all of the challenges and guest judges before the season started is a little suspect), but there has to be some explanation for the bland contestants and bad judging decisions.

And I can’t be the only disillusioned fan out there. So if enough of us are over the show, it could be a problem for Lifetime.

So maybe there is a conspiracy after all…

Don’t worry. I’m not going to stop watching. I just won’t watch it with the same love.

And yes, that hurts…

“Project Runway” airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on Bravo…
Photo provided by Bravo