Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Evening with Billy Ray, Part 2...

So let me start this off with the obvious. Billy Ray Cyrus is a SUPER nice guy. Maybe too nice, as those of you who were at his concert Tuesday night discovered…

After spending three hours at Wal-Mart making sure every fan got their autograph and/or picture, Billy Ray was an hour late taking the stage at the Paramount, which led to some rather interesting musical moments. That’s all I’m going to say about that, but those of you who were there will know what I’m talking about…

But when Billy Ray finally appeared and ripped out “Stand Still,” all was forgiven.

Billy Ray spent the next hour singing all of the rest of his hits as well as “I Want My Mullet Back” and a bluegrass song here and there. He was also joined onstage by Fred Mollin, the producer of his new album, for two tracks from “Home At Last”: “Brown-Eyed Girl”—which really got the crowd going—and his new single “Ready, Set, Don’t Go.”

When Billy Ray introduced the single and mentioned the name Hannah Montana, he got a huge squeal from the hundreds of little girls in the audience clad in their Hannah gear (which even Billy Ray had to smile at). I’ve got to believe they went home a little disappointed when she didn’t make an appearance with her dad.

Okay, I was a little disappointed too. But that didn’t keep me from enjoying what was a great show.

This was my first Billy Ray concert. And it won’t be my last.

However, it’s probably my last from the front row since my ear still hasn’t quite forgiven me.

By the way, “Home At Last” debuted at #20 on the Billboard 200, marking Billy Ray’s first appearance in the top 20 of that chart since 1993.

Now, to the pictures…



This one is my favorite!




Then, he went with the hat look, until some of the women complained they couldn't see his face.


So then we got the sunglasses to pull back his hair look.


Here's how the stage looked during "Some Gave All," which got a standing ovation. Billy Ray dedicated the song to his dad.


Here's Billy Ray with the key to the city from Ashland Mayor Steve Gilmore.



Here's Billy Ray chatting after the show with his uncle, who didn't even seem to notice the dozens of fans waiting for autographs.

So since I was trapped by the stage and those dozens of fans, the only thing I could do was snap pictures. If it had not been for the man in the shirt with the white cuffs (whose hand you can see in the last picture), Billy Ray would probably still be at the Paramount signing autographs.
And yes, I did get one.
Now if I could just get my ear back to normal...