Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Isaiah's Side of the Story

Sunday night, there was nothing on TV, so I started flipping through the channels and landed on an encore of Isaiah Washington’s “Larry King Live.”

I didn’t mean too, but an hour later, I had watched the entire thing.

Here’s Isaiah’s version of the story…

Isaiah said that he was angry because Patrick Dempsey was late to the set and when Patrick did show up, he insisted on waiting for Ellen Pompeo, who was to do something with Patrick off-screen. Isaiah told him, "I don't need to wait for Ellen because I can act." That insult outraged Patrick and the two got in each other’s faces. That’s when Isaiah used the f-word to describe himself, as in “You can’t treat me like a f----t.”

So how did T.R. Knight get involved in all of this? Isaiah said he has no idea, but apparently he did bring up T.R. in order to tell Patrick that he wasn’t being fair to the rest of the cast. And Isaiah apparently said something to the producers about a conversation he and T.R. had about T.R.’s dissatisfaction with his character. It was that dissatisfaction, Isaiah believes, that led T.R. to exploit the situation to improve his character’s story. Isaiah told Larry that T.R.’s statement on “Ellen” that Isaiah called him the f-word and everyone heard it was a lie.

Isaiah said he has no idea who tipped off the “National Enquirer,” who originally reported the story. He told Larry, "I hope they got paid.”

But here’s the real kicker. I think I believe him…

Of course, I believed Paula Abdul when she said that technical problems made her a babbling idiot during her satellite interviews…

In this week’s “TV Guide,” a body language expert said that Isaiah wasn’t telling the truth because of how uncomfortable he seemed. I’d be uncomfortable too if I was reaching into the toilet to pull out my flushed career.

So what do you think? Did T.R. Knight use the situation to improve his standing on the show or is Isaiah just trying to save face?...