Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Manic Monday: Someone flies, someone dies and someone returns!

The biggest problem with a Manic Monday is that it can lead to an oversleeping Tuesday. And after last night, let’s face it. I needed the rest…

Warning: The remainder of this post contains details about last night’s episodes of “Heroes” and “24.”

Since everything I’ve read says that a major character will die on “Heroes” March 5th, I was sure that the “Someone will fly, someone will die” promos were a bit of a con.

Boy, was I wrong…

First off, let me say that I think it is becoming more and more obvious that the character who will die March 5th is HRG and I’m not happy about that. Yes, his storyline seems to be coming to an end as more and more truth comes out; but I really like him and Jack Coleman is doing a fantastic job playing all of his facets. We should see much more of those facets next week as we get a flashback episode that should provide a few more answers.

But as much as I like HRG, I really hope it’s not Peter who dies, because he is getting really cool with all of those powers. It’s interesting that he was able to absorb all of the powers Sylar has, allowing him to have just about any power he wants.

And speaking of Peter, I was thinking from the moment his beloved Simone appeared on the screen how great it would be if she was the one who died since I find her character completely pointless.

I guess sometimes wishes do come true…

I really should have seen it coming, but I was so wrapped up in the big fight between Peter and Isaac and all of the cool powers that Peter was showing that I totally missed the signs. Seeing her face as she looked down at the blood, grasping Isaac’s key was a true Gasp! moment…

Unfortunately my death wishes didn’t work on “24” as both Milo and Marilyn survived—although I have to admit that Milo redeemed himself with his role in the Morris story. Making Morris a coward, while Milo gets to be the hero, was a great way to go and I’m loving every minute of it. Marilyn, however, is seriously getting on my nerves. We have to get her off this show before the writers decide to do the ridiculous and make Josh Jack’s son. And I think Rena Sofer may be needed on “Heroes” soon…

There’s no doubt that Peter MacNicol (Tom) is needed back on “Numbers,” and it looked for a moment like he might get back there sooner than we thought as Reed worked to keep Tom from stopping the Presidential assassination plot (That’s right, I said it.). Since they did something very similar in season two, I really should have seen that moment coming, but I was still surprised. Again, I love D.B. Woodside, but I am totally loving this story, as Jack will be powerless to stop the death of another President Palmer.

And speaking of Jack, how cool was it when he dragged Marilyn by her throat and then threw her up against the wall?! We had seen Marilyn reveal the truth about Jack’s father in the previews, but the scene still resonated as we saw Jack come to the realization. “How could I have been so stupid?” he asked himself. We were wondering the same thing Jack; but we’re glad you’re with the program now.

Kiefer Sutherland is going to have a difficult time picking an Emmy episode this year. And I have a feeling his best is yet to come…

As to why Phillip let Jack go, I think it was because he knew CTU would have a better time finding Gredenko than he could. Then, when they do, he’ll show back up to take care of business.

And even though “TV Guide” had already spoiled the big surprise at the end of this episode (Enough already, guys!), I still couldn’t contain my glee when I heard the voice of Gregory Itzin on the phone. I can’t wait to see the next confrontation between Jack and Logan. I’m still shaking from the last one…

And as the overly revealing previews tell us, Logan has one thing on his mind—getting his wife back. And that’s when Aaron Pierce will return to kick some you-know-what!

Say what you will about the beginning of this season, but “24” is in full swing now. If I were you, I’d jump on the roller coaster because things are about to turn upside down…

Labels: ,