Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Question of the Week: Holiday Movies and Specials

This is the time that the networks roll out their traditional holiday specials and movies.

ABC aired “A Charlie Brown Christmas” last night and USA has aired “Elf” at least a dozen times already.

So this week’s Question of the Week is: What is your favorite holiday special or movie?

I have a list of specials/movies that I watch (though some are on tape or DVD) that includes “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “Mickey’s Christmas Carol,” “The Animaniacs Christmas Special” and the remake of “Miracle on 34th Street” (I know the original’s a classic, but who can resist Dylan McDermott’s baby blues?).

But my favorite is without a doubt “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.” Not only is it still hilarious, but it makes me wax nostalgic for my high school days when a certain English teacher accidentally showed her students something other than a holiday movie (That’s a long story.).

It also reminds me of my old neighbors who covered their entire house with lights, wrapping them straight across the windows and stapling them to their siding. I can still hear the “kerchunk” that would greet me every Saturday morning after Thanksgiving. The last year I lived there they added to their display with a Nativity scene featuring a neon pink baby Jesus. Everyone in town called them the Griswolds (from the movie), even though that wasn’t their real name.

I’m told they don’t decorate their house anymore, though. I like to think it’s because they know I’m no longer around to enjoy it.

Of course, it may also have something to do with the newspaper actually calling them the Griswolds in print…

By the way, Bravo is scheduled to air “Christmas Vacation” Sunday, December 12th at 8 p.m. and again at 10 p.m.

Now, it’s your turn…