Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

There Is Some "Justice" After All

This is why I should never trust TV news from someone who isn’t a TV news reporter…

Yesterday, Whitney Matheson, who writes the “Pop Candy” column for USAToday.com linked to a report from a TV news website that “Justice” had been put on hiatus—the first official step toward cancellation. I couldn’t believe that FOX was stupid enough to cancel a top 25 show just because it had one bad week, but stranger things have happened.

It turns out that I needn’t have gotten so angry…

After finally getting to the site Matheson referenced to read the article for myself, I saw that the hiatus is not the first step in cancellation, but instead the reality of FOX’s Major League Baseball coverage. Yes, FOX is substituting a re-run of “House” for next week’s episode (which is usually a bad sign), but according to “Variety,” the network is expected to be patient with “Justice” and possibly move it to another timeslot after baseball. That would explain the pre-emption, because FOX would want to save the new episode for that new timeslot.

Obviously, “Justice” is not out of the woods yet, but I feel much better about it than I did yesterday. And frankly, I think Matheson owes me an apology for making me get so fired up at my beloved FOX.

On second thought, they’re bound to tick me off for real at some point, so I’ll just save up that anger for then…