Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Free-For-All: September 22, 2006

I’ve still got a lot of videotaped viewing to catch up on, but here are my thoughts on what I saw during this first week of the new fall season…

Why do people love “How I Met Your Mother”? That show completely frustrates me. I can’t root for Ted and Robin because we know they don’t end up together in the end. Neil Patrick Harris is great, though…

Why did “Two and a Half Men” find it necessary for Alan to get married again? You knew he was just going to get divorced so he could move back in with Charlie. Otherwise, there’s no show…

We have to wait until the second episode for Gibbs to return to his team at “NCIS”? What gives? And I know Mark Harmon is the heart of the show, but I kind of enjoyed watching Michael Weatherly (Tony) in the leadership role. But did Tony really sleep with Ziva?...

When did “Boston Legal” become “Nip/Tuck”? Blow-up dolls and sex surrogates? I think maybe the show went too far this time…

I know we’re only in week one, but I’m ready to name “Justice” one of the season’s best new shows. It just keeps getting better and better each week. And how fierce was Luther (the mesmerizing Eamonn Walker) trying the case? Could’ve done without that annoying private investigator, though…

I knew by the date of the “Project Runway” finale that there would be an extra episode somewhere, but a re-run?! BOO HISS!!!...

The “Celebrity Duets” title may be up for grabs after all, because Jai Rodriguez is seriously choking. “Lady Marmalade”? Are you kidding me? I think he’s opened the door for Alfonso Ribeiro—especially after Alfonso almost made David Foster cry. And I hope David meant what he said about taking Hal Sparks into the studio. I’d buy that one—if he didn’t scream so much, or at least screamed in tune…

How much of a tease was that “How to Save a Life” video montage before the “Grey’s Anatomy” premiere? It did give us a lot of scenes from the premiere, but none of them made any sense out of context. I didn’t see the entire episode, but I hate it when premieres don’t pick up where the cliffhanger left off…

So here’s your chance. What did you see this week that you liked? What didn’t you like?

Just post a comment and get us started…