Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 18, 2006

Pick of the Week: Six Shows You Can't Miss

Since this is the first official week of the new fall season, there were plenty of shows to choose from. So, of course, I couldn’t whittle the list down to one.

Here are the week’s six Picks of the Week:

1) “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,” Monday, Sept. 18th at 10 p.m. on NBC
This premiere is not as good as I would’ve hoped, but it is solid. And since future episodes look even better, you’ll want to see how it all begins.

2) “CSI: Miami,” Monday at 10 p.m. on CBS
But you won’t want to miss the cheesy goodness of this one as Horatio and Delko travel to Brazil to track down Marisol’s killer. And yes, the show did actually go to Brazil. Some familiar faces will greet Horatio while he’s there.

3) “NCIS,” Tuesday, Sept. 19th at 8 p.m. on CBS
I always call this one the best show I’m not watching (I don’t know why I don’t.). But I’ll be watching this one to find out how the team gets Gibbs back and to see Tony in charge. I just hope the show doesn’t start taking itself seriously. That would ruin the fun.

4) “Boston Legal,” Tuesday at 10 p.m. on ABC
One of the funniest shows on TV begins its third season with the return of Michael J. Fox. And of course Alan and Denny will be back too—thank goodness!

5) “Grey’s Anatomy,” Thursday, Sept. 21st at 9 p.m. on ABC
Did Meredith choose McDreamy or the vet? I have no idea, but we’ll find out on this night (or at least I think we will). But if what I’ve been hearing is right, fans will be happy.

6) “Desperate Housewives,” Sunday, Sept. 24th at 9 p.m. on ABC
This pick may surprise you since I was so tough on the show last season. But from everything I’ve read, it looks like the show may actually be back on track. This season premiere picks up six months after the end of last season.

Remember, you can get all the season and series premiere dates here: http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/tuned/2006/09/your-complete-fall-schedule-calendar.html