Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"V" Season Finale: What Now?

My first thought when the season finale of “V” concluded was what now? Because I’m totally unsure of where the show will go next.

But I’m totally sure that I want to find out…

ABC always finds a way to infuriate me, but I’m hoping it does the right thing this time. After the amazing hour we got tonight, “V” totally deserves another season…

Warning: If you have not seen the season finale of “V,” stop reading now.

When Anna kicked her plans into high gear, forcing the Fifth Column to speed up their plotting, it was almost like ABC telling the show they had to speed up their plans. The Fifth Column rose to the occasion and so did the show’s writers. And fortunately for us, the writers’ plans didn’t unravel as badly as the Fifth Column’s did.

I thought both Laura Vandervoort (Lisa) and Morena Baccarin (Anna) both rose to the occasion as well. With more time, the story probably could have been fleshed out a little better, but it was a good twist to see Anna using what she fears most—human emotion—to save her own life. And it was totally understandable that someone so new to emotion could be so overly manipulated by it. The horror on Lisa’s face as she realized her mistake was beautiful.

Speaking of Lisa’s mistake, it was tough to see Diana (Jane Badler) die, but I can understand why it was necessary for the story. Kudos to Badler for all the great drama she gave us this season.

It was not difficult to see Ryan (Morris Chestnut) die since he kind of had it coming and it was a great twist to see him killed by the very person all of his actions were meant to protect. It was hard to watch Tyler (Logan Huffman) die, but only because it was gross. I wasn’t sorry to see him go.

I’m so glad to see Jack (Joel Gretsch) survive the mayhem. He has certainly come into his own as of late. Chad (Scott Wolf) had started to play a much more important role as well, but I’m pretty sure he’s a goner—unless Anna has another, more devious plan for him.

And how about Marc Singer? Although he only appeared briefly, he was awesome. And the idea of a secret network of agencies working together to bring down the Vs is a good one that makes sense.

But the most exciting part of the network is that Paul (Roark Critchlow) is a part of it. When it was revealed that Paul and Chris (Jay Karnes) had been spying on Erica, I was bummed because I was sure that meant Paul was with the Vs. Now it’s clear there’s somewhat of a future for his character and I couldn’t be happier for Critchlow.

Which leads me back to my original question. What now?

Hobbes is mysteriously gone. Lisa is imprisoned and replaced by an imposter, Marcus may or may not be back on Anna’s side (He seemed to know Erica was Fifth Column.), Chad is who-knows-where, Erica has been introduced to Project Aries and all of humanity appears to be under Anna’s control thanks to Amy’s bliss.

So many questions to be answered, But first and foremost ABC has a question to answer. Should “V” get a third season? I believe the show has done everything it can to receive a resounding yes.

So what did you guys think of the finale? Who were you sad to see go? Feel free to post a comment, or hit me up on Facebook.