Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Collinsworth on T.O. Signing: "As Bold a Move As I Have Ever Seen the Bengals Make"

Can you believe it’s football season already? Me neither…

This weekend marks the return of NBC Sunday Night Football as my beloved Cincinnati Bengals take on the Dallas Cowboys in the annual Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.

Now granted, this is only preseason, but all eyes are going to be on the Bengals’ newest acquisition, Terrell Owens. So I couldn’t resist finding out what Cris Collinsworth, who will be doing the game with Al Michaels, thought about the move.

And the fine folks at NBC Sports were kind enough to ask him for me…

Here’s what he had to say:

“Sometimes when teams get good they start to look for the final piece of the puzzle and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…It’s about as bold a move as I have ever seen the Bengals make to try to put together a team that can win a world championship…The fans in Cincinnati were a little stunned when Mike Brown signed Terrell Owens, and they are still celebrating. As much as they are celebrating him as a player, more than that they are cheering the organization for such a bold stroke in making a real effort to try to win a Super Bowl.”

As usual, I totally agree. And I truly hope this one falls in the “sometimes it works” column. For the record, I am withholding judgment until I see T.O. on the field…

“NBC Sunday Night Football” with the Bengals and the Cowboys kicks off Sunday, August 8th at 8 p.m. on NBC…