Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 21, 2009

"The Big Bang Theory" Review: Still the Funniest on TV

As you know, I named “The Big Bang Theory” the best show of 2008.

So I am thrilled to tell you that there is not one indication in the premiere that anything this season would keep it from being in the running again this year…

When last we left the gang, they were headed to the North Pole for a Sheldon-led expedition. And Penny was regretting not telling Leonard that she didn’t want him to go.

As the premiere opens, the guys are back and Sheldon is excited to share his great research with the world—until he discovers a secret the rest of the guys have been hiding from him. So, of course, Sheldon’s reaction interrupts Leonard finally having his chance with Penny. Or does it?

As I was at the conclusion of the first season, I was a little worried about the prospect of Penny and Leonard getting together. But the writers handle it so smartly in the premiere that those concerns are fading quickly.
I seriously doubt my love for this show will do the same. Until someone proves me wrong, I still consider it the funniest show on TV…

“The Big Bang Theory” premieres tonight (September 21st) at 9:30 p.m. on CBS…

Photo Credit: Sonja Flemming/CBS