Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, August 21, 2009

Help for the Holidays #1: A Less Expensive Gaming Option

I know what you’re thinking. School has just started and you’re already thinking about the holidays?

Well, if you’re like me, you shop all year round, which means it’s never too early to hand out a hint or two.

And here’s a great one for those of you who are looking for a less expensive way to satisfy your kids’ (and maybe your) video game addiction—TV Games Motion.

This new video game line takes the already popular Plug It In and Play TV Games and adds motion. You can buy TV Games Motion titles featuring “Toy Story,” “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “Spider-Man,” Disney fairies, “Power Rangers” and more. The great thing about these games is you still get all the perks of a motion game without all of the expense and the extra equipment. You have just one controller that you plug into your TV.

The game I tested was “Star Wars: Clone Wars Republic Squadron Flight Game.” The object is to complete five flight missions by shooting down the bad guys, avoiding asteroids and landing safely at base. You literally steer the flight controller to control your fighter.

Since I’m not a gamer, it took me a while to get the hang of things, but once I did I was blowing stuff out of the sky left and right. And who doesn’t enjoy taking out the bad guys?

For someone like me who likes occasionally dabbling in video games, but not enough to invest in an expensive system, a system like this is perfect.

Now if I can just find the time to perfect my flight skills. Because right now, I’m afraid in my hands the Republic is doomed…

“Star Wars: Clone Wars Republic Squadron Flight Game” and all the other TV Games Motion titles (Ages 5+) are available now in stores and at online outlets for a suggested retail price of $29.99…

Photo Credit: JAKKS Pacific