Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Top Chef" Drama: Casey Blasts Carla UPDATED

In reading my guy Blais’ blog on BravoTV.com, I found a link to an article on “Sidedish.” Unable to open that one I found another link to a blog that told me what was in the “Sidedish” article and I’m a little bit stunned.

Casey actually badmouthed Carla—badly…

Here it is, courtesy of the blog, “David’s Dust”:
“Carla was not prepared and in over her head. The show did not talk about how the first course (crab) took her half of the friggin’ cooking time that day, I was left to work the rest of HER dishes.”“She also did not have a plan. The ONLY thing she had in mind was a cheese course! I would NEVER do a cheese course. And where in the h--l did French come from!? She is not even classically trained! It (the show) didn’t talk about how I worked on a sauce for 2 days and Carla forgot
to put it on the plate… It didn’t show how the 2nd course (fish) was MINE. It didn’t show how she took the sous vide idea and decided to GRILL it last minute causing it to be tough… And it didn’t show how she WANTED to do the souffles which she does not even know how to make! That was HER food, because it
certainly was me asking her how she wanted to do this and that while she was
busy picking crab the entire time and making a souffle that didn’t rise!... I
did not influence her. She has NO ideas of her own, oh, except a cheese course.”

WOW! My guess is that Casey was trying to jump in and defend herself before everyone trashed her. But as you guys know from reading my earlier post about Carla, she is voraciously defending her. I think if Carla does get that phone call with Casey, Casey owes her an apology.

I honestly would have expected more from Casey, considering how badly she choked in her finale, which she went into as the favorite.

Casey also told “Sidedish,” “I am done with TC.”

I certainly hope it’s done with you too, Casey. I know I am…
Photo Credit: Virginia Sherwood/Bravo
UPDATE: Casey wrote the following on her own blog:
The Top Chef experience has been a good one and everyone there has been
genuine and wonderful. It was nice to return and working the Carla was a lovely
experience. These are truly challenging tests and I am sorry that together we
were unable to secure her victory. As I was once in the same position myself, I
know how she feels and respect her performance. I know she will continue to
shine.

Just after the airing, an acquaintance contacted me on facebook and, it
turns out, was seeking to create some controversy. She did not represent herself
as a reporter and did not ask for a quote. Instead, she took advantage of me.

I’m a fan of Carla’s and as disappointed as her fans are that she came
up short. I’m more disappointed that my great experience with a fellow female
chef of Carla’s talent would be damaged by such reckless and unprofessional
reporting.

I feel hurt and compromised. The publication who is involved has always
treated me well, but in this case– it should be embarrassed.
Hmmm...