Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The "Top Chef" Finale: Lots of Tears

After last week’s “Top Chef,” I started to wobble from the Stefan bandwagon. I was just so put off by his cocky attitude toward the judges at Judges’ Table that I just couldn’t stick with him.

But Wednesday night, at the final Judges’ Table, Stefan was there to comfort Carla when she broke down and even broke down a little bit himself. So I found myself once again, rooting for Stefan.

However, it was Hosea who was named Top Chef. And although I’ve never been a fan of Hosea’s, I guess I can take some solace in the fact that his sous chef was none other than my guy Richard Blais…

I hate it when Bravo does extended episodes of “Top Chef,” because it just makes me have to stay up later. But I wouldn’t have minded this time, because I would have liked to have seen more of the interaction between Stefan and Marcel (season two’s villain) and I would have loved to have seen Casey stumble her way through the sous chef portion of Judges’ Table (Yes, the sous chefs were asked their opinions by the judges. I’m really hoping that Bravo will put some of that on the website, as they have in past years.)

But ultimately, we got another great finale with good food, high drama and lots of tears. But not nearly as many tears as I will shed at saying goodbye to the show for another season after the reunion.

Well done, gang. Well done.

Just one thing. Could you make sure and bring back Anthony Bourdain as a judge next year? I really missed him…

The “Top Chef” reunion airs Wednesday, March 4th at 9 p.m. on Bravo…

Photo Credit: Virginia Sherwood/Bravo