Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, March 30, 2009

"24": I Am Not Happy...

When the final seconds of tonight’s episode of “24” ticked away, I just quietly turned the channel to “CSI:Miami.”

There was honestly nothing to say…

Warning: If you have not seen tonight’s episode of “24,” stop reading now…

The big reveal was so nonchalant, you almost missed it. Yes, Jack Bauer tested positive for the disease caused by the bio-weapon.

And no, I am not happy about it…

Not only am I not happy about it because it creates the real possibility that Jack could die, but I’m also not happy about it because it puts Jack on the sidelines. Though I appreciate Tony getting into the action, I would rather he team with Jack, not Larry.

And the previews showing Jack starting to show symptoms? I am REALLY not happy about that.

I’ve been giving a lot of thought this week to the “24” endgame and whether infecting Jack with this bio-weapon could actually play into it. Honestly, I’m not sure but I’m starting to think it’s a distinct possibility.

In the meantime, there are eight episodes remaining in this season, and I can’t believe Jack will spend all of them waiting to die. The show went that route in season two when Jack had a heart attack every five minutes. It was ridiculous then and it would be ridiculous now. This has been an outstanding season and I’d hate to see it run off the rails.

But more than that, I hate to see Jack as a victim. The Jack Bauer we know and love is the one that kicks butt and saves the world, not the one who needs to be saved.

I’m hoping that somewhere at Starkwood there is the cure and Jack will have to decide how far he’s willing to go to get it. Personally, I’m willing to forgive him for going as far as it takes.

And if he does it in that long-sleeved black shirt, that would be even better…

Hey, I’ve got to find some positive out of this, don’t I?

“24” airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on FOX…

Photo Credit: Kelsey McNeal/FOX