Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, March 30, 2009

"My Boys" Review: A Group You'll Want to Hang Out With

I’m honestly not sure why I’ve never watched “My Boys.”

The cast is adorable and there’s that wonderful element of star-crossed romance I’m all about.

And after watching the first two episodes of the new season, I’m thinking I’m going to finally add the show to my must-see list…

If you’ve never seen it, “My Boys” is a comedy following P.J. (Jordana Spiro), a Chicago sportswriter, and her guy friends Bobby (Kyle Howard), Brendan (Reid Scott), Kenny (Michael Bunin), Mike (Jamie Kaler), her brother Andy (Jim Gaffigan), and her best gal pal Stephanie (Kellee Stewart Star).

When last we left the gang, Bobby was getting ready to marry Elsa, but was having second thoughts. P.J. hooked up with Bobby’s brother, although she has feelings for Bobby. Mike also hooked up at the wedding with a friend of Bobby’s mother and Kenny hooked up with Stephanie.

In the premiere, Brendan works to open his nightclub, Andy struggles with being a new father and Mike discovers the magic of a moustache. Plus, the whole Bobby-P.J. thing gets resolved.

I am sworn to secrecy by TBS about how it all turns out, but I can tell you that it’s pretty satisfying—even for a non-fan like me.

In fact, it’s so satisfying I think it might have turned me into a fan…

If that didn’t do it, the second episode did because it is absolutely hilarious as the boys go on a stake out to spy on P.J. and Mike starts to think he’s a cop. I laughed out loud through most of the episode.

With an adorable cast, funny characters and a romantic story, “My Boys” are exactly the kind of group you’ll want to hang out with.

“My Boys” premieres Tuesday, March 31st at 10:30 p.m. on TBS…

Photo Credit: TBS