Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pick of the Week: Honoring the Best in TV...

This week’s Pick should have been a no-brainer, but since I watch hardly any of the nominees, I’m just not as into it this year.

But it is still the Emmys. And Kiefer is presenting…

So, my Pick of the Week is the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.

You have to give ABC credit for trying some new things. The show will be hosted this year by the five nominees for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program: Ryan Seacrest, Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst, Tom Bergeron and Howie Mandel. It’s an interesting move since it will help promote other networks and since Seacrest was critically panned for his performance as host last year (I liked him.). Plus, I fear that Heidi Klum’s performance will just expose the Academy’s mistake in not including Phil Keoghan…

Another new thing is that Josh Groban will be singing a medley of TV theme songs. And that’s all I’m going to say about that one…

The fierce Christian Siriano will design one of the trophy girl dresses, as will Lauren Conrad (?!)…

And the Emmys are getting pretty brave by allowing the two-time Emmy Award winner Kathy Griffin to serve as a presenter…

Because of my lack of excitement and because of a very busy weekend, I won’t be live blogging this year’s event. However, I will be posting throughout the evening. And I’ll make my Emmy predictions this Friday…

The 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards airs Sunday, September 21st at 8 p.m. on ABC…