Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, August 22, 2008

“Gone Country 2”: I’m Over It


I said a trainwreck was a comin’ on “Gone Country 2” and boy, was I right.

But it wasn’t the one I was expecting…

Yes, Sean Young took the stage and she was horrible. But the real trainwreck was John Rich, who chose to masquerade as an old Mark Twain-like riverboat entertainer. It was completely ridiculous, but not nearly as ridiculous as the fact that the contestants didn’t know who he was (If that was for real.). I joined the show in progress and I knew who he was.

So how does dressing up in costume help find a new country artist? It doesn’t. But it does put the spotlight on John Rich, which is exactly where he wants it.

If you couldn’t tell, I’m completely over him. And since it looks like he’ll be taking a much bigger role in the show this year, I’m over “Gone Country”…

“Gone Country 2” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on CMT…
Photo Credit: Ron Jaffe
Provided by CMT