Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Desperate Housewives": Mostly On Board

Okay, so for about an hour and 50 minutes, I was pretty much on board with the new season of “Desperate Housewives”…

I really liked the way they resolved that lame Edie cliffhanger and I thought the Edie-Carlos-Gaby triangle was a good story—especially Edie’s blackmail scheme (Wait until Gaby hears about that money!).

I’m not totally sold on the Susan pregnancy storyline, but it’s probably got some good comic potential. I just hope being pregnant makes her stop whining and actually start being happy.

Lynette’s cancer storyline has not gotten too annoying yet, although I thought her initial lack of sympathy toward Gaby’s father’s death was a little callous. Could she not see where Gaby was going with the story?

You know I love Bree when she’s at her most Bree-ish (and Orson is wonderful in support), but I’m not completely sure we needed two of her. I think it bothers me because Dana Delany (Katherine) was creator Marc Cherry’s original choice to play Bree, but she said no. Now, it’s like Cherry is giving her the role after all. But so far, it’s provided some good comedy and I really like Nathan Fillion as Katherine’s husband, even though they seem completely incompatible. Maybe that’s part of the mystery…

And speaking of this year’s mystery, it seems fairly solid so far. Plus, it finally gives Julie something decent to do…

Like I said, pretty much on board.

But then, Carlos had that fateful meeting with that stranger, giving him money to take care of his situation with Edie.

Now, I’m not going to jump to any conclusions here, because it’s possible this wasn’t what it seemed. But if it is, then Carlos is hiring someone to kill Edie. And as violent as Carlos could be in that first season, a hit is a little out of character—especially since earlier he was so concerned about leaving Edie in her fragile state.

If this proceeds down that road, I might just have to jump overboard…

“Desperate Housewives” airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on ABC…