Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Carpoolers" Review: Harmless, Mindless Fun

Anything would be funnier compared to that atrocity known as “Cavemen.” So maybe that’s why I found myself actually enjoying “Carpoolers.”

Because in reality, there wasn’t all that much to enjoy…

“Carpoolers” centers on four men who ride to work together so they can take advantage of the carpool lane (They don’t work together.). Dougie (Tim Peper) is a newlywed and the newest member of the carpool. Gracen (Fred Goss) is a psychologist with a slacker son and an ambitious wife. Laird (Jerry O’Connell) is a divorced dentist who’s the ladies man of the group. And Aubrey (Jerry Minor) is the driver who keeps them all together.

The pilot episode revolved around Gracen and his fear that his wife makes more money than him after she buys a $300 toaster. The guys discuss it in the car, they get into some crazy sitcom situation and then they resolve things in the end.

Like I said. Not much.

So what was it that appealed to me? Two words—Jerry O’Connell.

I’ve never really been a big Jerry O’Connell fan, but for some reason I really liked him in this. He’s got nice comedic chops and he’s just so darn cute…

In all honesty, “Carpoolers” kind of reminds me of “In Case of Emergency,” which is maybe what appealed to me the most. It’s harmless, mindless comedy. It’s not hilarious, but thankfully, it’s not “Cavemen” either…

“Carpoolers” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m…