Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, January 01, 2007

Tied Up In Knots...

Let me start out 2007 with an apology to everyone for being so tardy with my posts.

I had intended to update everything yesterday, but I spent most of the day with my stomach in knots, so I couldn’t really concentrate…

It all started when Carson Palmer didn’t get up after that hit in the Bengals game. My heart instantly fell into my stomach. I knew he was okay and that he just got the wind knocked out of him, but that didn’t keep the tears from welling up anyway (I know. I take this stuff WAY too seriously.). And it didn’t make me feel any better when CBS felt the need to show us what happened to him last season. We remember! You don’t have to remind us…

Then, of course, my stomach churned through the rest of the game and for a long time afterward…

Remember in 1999, when everyone was all nervous about Y2K and what would happen at midnight? I don’t remember being nervous then, but I was nervous about midnight this year, as I waited to see if Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest would still be around after midnight. As you may recall, yesterday was the deadline for Sinclair Broadcasting and Time Warner to make a deal. As of 6 p.m. yesterday, it appeared that those of us who are former Adelphia customers would indeed lose FOX and ABC. But midnight came and went and both were still there. So I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Disney Channel to watch a new episode of “Hannah Montana”…

But now, the nerves are back. A visit to the Time Warner website tells me that Sinclair and Time Warner have agreed to an extension that will end January 12th. Since this deal affects much of the state of Ohio, you can thank the Ohio State Buckeyes for the extension since I feel quite certain that TW didn’t want to deal with all the angry OSU fans who couldn’t watch their beloved Buckeyes in the National Championship Game on FOX.

I, of course, am happy about the extension (as I am a Buckeye fan myelf); however, I am not happy that it only runs until two days BEFORE the premiere of “24.” But I’m a little more optimistic that things will get worked out because let’s face it. Time Warner has no choice and Sinclair knows that.

The problem is that we will end up paying anyway with a higher cable bill…

The Best of 2006 and my first awards of 2007 are still on the way. So Stay Tuned…