Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"American Idol": "Minne-hopeless"

As I’ve said before I really don’t like the bad audition rounds, so I didn’t think that I would be so excited.

But when I heard that theme song, it was hard not to get fired up…

However, that euphoria quickly evaporated as expanding one city to two hours meant many more painful auditions and watching young girls bawl.

For me, the most entertaining part of tonight’s show was watching Simon take shots at Jewel. It was clear that he didn’t want her there; and I have to agree with him. Why are guest judges necessary? And I wonder if producers knew she’d be co-hosting “Nashville Star” when they hired her...

Here are some of my thoughts on the contestants…

I thought that Jessica, the Jewel fan, sounded just as good as Jewel. I hate that song! I hope listening to someone else sing it taught Jewel that she should never again record a song about making pancakes…

I understand that people love the bad auditions, but why did we have to wait so long for a good one?...

Was I the only one who was surprised that Charles (Apollo Creed) actually had a voice? I’m betting he’ll be back…

You just knew that Denise, the crack baby, was going to be good. Yikes! But someone should tell her that song’s called “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.” And next year, people will be saying that’s Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson’s song…

Were the producers telling the judges to not cut the “Kiss” girl off, so we could see that whole mess? That was painful…

Why didn’t someone put up a sign so that Simon didn’t have to keep telling the contestants “wrong door”?...

You know as soon as Perla opened her mouth that Simon was thinking, “Woo hoo! I’ve found the next Shakira!” And does Ryan have to agree to not fraternize with the contestants as well, or can he ask Perla out?...

I like that someone chose Billy Ocean’s “Suddenly,” I just wish that someone would’ve actually sung it…

How awesome was Jarrod Fowler (the Navy guy)? Yes, he may have had some pitch problems, but Simon wasn’t going to let him get away since he could tell he’s got serious potential. He’s my favorite so far…

I would never admit that I was a vocal teacher until I was sure they liked me. Randy was using that against him, but I agree that his audition was a little scary. Maybe Randy reacted so badly because he was afraid he’d give vocal coaches a bad name and no one would buy his and Paula’s CD…

Did you see how Simon’s head shot up when he heard Michelle’s voice? The wheels were turning…

Okay, that whole “Fever” thing with Dana and her boss was a little creepy. I wonder what his wife thought when she heard Randy and Simon say Dana’s in love with her husband? And what did Dana think?...

Simon said Matt Coto had something. That something was serious cuteness. Loved his choice of “California Dreamin’.”

Poor Jason’s mom. She was so embarrassed by his cursing. And did you see her casually take the sticks out of his hand before he hurt someone?...

I think Randy’s right about Prince never coming on the show again. He’ll probably never let his songs be used again either…

Poor Josh. He actually managed to learn an ABBA song and he still didn’t get through…

Only 17 made it to Hollywood?! That’s pretty bad…

And it looks like it’s only going to get worse tomorrow…

Just click on Post a Comment below to share your thoughts on “Minne-hopeless”…