Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Idol Update: Fantasia & Taylor's New CDs, Carrie's Trip, Elliott's New Look and more!

Listening to Fantasia’s CD yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I’m just not a fan of hers. I really should have already known that since I bought Diana DeGarmo’s CD instead of hers, but this just confirmed it for me. Because I never heard her first CD, I can’t say whether it’s better or not, but it’s obvious she’s trying to find a new groove. I’ll let the Fantasia fans tell me whether it’s good or not. You can listen at http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds.adp?defaultTab=1&defaultItem=1. By the way, Fantasia will be touring early next year with Jamie Foxx…

Also at the AOL site, you can listen to Taylor Hicks’ CD, which may very well be the best debut CD from an “Idol” winner yet. Further research reveals that “Give Me Tonight,” which I thought sounded like a remake, is actually a new song co-written by Taylor (I’m sorry to hear that.). “Places I’ve Been” was written by Diane Warren but the song Taylor co-wrote with John Mayer didn’t make the cut. If you buy the CD at Wal-Mart, you’ll get an exclusive track, “Hell of a Day,” which from the sample I’ve heard just takes away from the soulful ending of “The Right Place.” Be sure to let me know what you think…

Carrie Underwood is headed to the Persian Gulf as part of a USO tour. It’s been quite a year for Carrie as the year-end charts will soon reveal…

This week’s “People” details Elliott Yamin’s “mouth makeover.” A dentist in Beverly Hills corrected Elliott’s teeth free of charge. The dentist says that fixing Elliott’s overbite may even help him sing better because it will allow him to open his mouth more. You can hear Elliott’s version of “This Christmas” at http://music.aol.com/artist/elliott-yamin/808989/main...

Don’t forget that Kellie Pickler is scheduled to appear on “Ellen” this Friday. Check your local listings…