Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Important News For Fans of "The O.C."!

If you’re a present or past fan of “The O.C.,” I have two very important announcements for you…

First, “The O.C.” is on twice this week with new episodes tonight (Wednesday) at 9 and Thursday at 9.

Second, the show we love is on the comeback trail, so you better catch it now while you still can.

That’s right. I used the “c” word. I watched the second episode on MySpace last night and for the first time in a long time, I can’t wait for the next one. It appears that the TV columnists are right about this season, which makes me really excited to see that fourth episode they keep talking about.

I was a little pessimistic about the show after watching the gloomy premiere, but this episode proves my point that the death of Marissa can only help. I was concerned about Kaitlyn as her replacement, but she’s actually growing on me. And Luke’s little brothers, who follow her around constantly, are adorable. In one scene, they remind Kaitlyn that their brother slept with her mom; but she sets them straight by telling them, “Gay dad always trumps slutty mom.”

But that was just one of the moments that made me laugh out loud. There’s also a great scene with Seth being Seth as he ends up doing shots with a group of Marines (It’s a long story.). And the once annoying Taylor is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Maybe it’s because she reminds me of Elle Woods from “Legally Blonde.”

It’s also nice to see Sandy and Kirsten back to the way they should be and Julie is headed back to her bad girl ways—though a little more unhinged than usual. There’s a great scene between Julie and Sandy toward the end of the episode that will make you almost forget the last two seasons…

Yeah. It’s that good.

I’m still not happy about the way Summer is treating Seth, but for once, their story actually makes sense. Summer’s reaction is perfectly fitting for a person who just lost her best friend. And Ryan’s a little too brooding for my taste, but for the most part, it makes sense as well. I just don’t like the “after-school special” way the show keeps dealing with it.

You notice I said in the beginning that you need to catch the show while you still can. One of the reasons it’s getting a Wednesday airing is because FOX wants to try it out in a different timeslot since it bombed last Thursday. But since FOX has done very little to promote the change, I’m worried that they’ll bomb this time too—especially since tonight is the fall finale of “Lost.” Last season, I would’ve fully supported FOX putting the show out of its misery, but not now. Not when it may finally be getting good again.

You can see the first two episodes of “The O.C.” on MySpace (Just go to www.fox.com/oc to get there.), but if you’re a Nielsen family, I strongly urge you to watch the second episode tonight at 9 on FOX. Another new episode airs Thursday night at 9. Please watch that one too.