Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, October 06, 2006

"Celebrity Duets": A Fitting Finale

The season finale of “Celebrity Duets” was only seen by 4.1 million viewers. But I have to say that those who didn’t watch missed quite a show.

Following the “Idol” formula very closely, each finalist performed solo for the first time plus there were group sings and other special performances. One of the best was the group performance with David Foster of “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Hal Sparks sounded great, but the song belonged to Marie Osmond who can still belt one out with the best of them.

Little Richard sounded pretty good too with “Good Golly Miss Molly,” but then he mysteriously “had to leave” before the winner was announced. Hmmm…

The highlight, however, was the moment I had been waiting for—a performance by Wayne Brady, as he joined Boyz II Men for a medley of “I’ll Make Love to You” and “End of the Road.” Wayne sounded fantastic! I hope David Foster was paying attention.

There was a winner, too; and thankfully, it was Alfonso Ribeiro. But I have to say the announcement was lacking a little. Somebody should have timed that confetti a little better.

I still think “Duets” was a good concept; it just needed some better execution.

And maybe some bigger celebrities…