Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Pick of the Week: Watching a Fave Find Love

Those of you who are longtime readers of my blog know that I am a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan. And that means I adore Chad Ochocinco.

Yes, he talks too much. Yes, he should focus more on football than his outside pursuits. But I still adore him. So how can I possibly deny him his shot at finding love?

And more importantly, how can I not watch?

My Pick of the Week is “Chad Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch.”

The romance reality-competition show is old hat to all of us by now. But Chad throws something different into the mix by pitting the girls against each other in a bracket style competition. He’ll start out with 85 girls and then whittle them down to one.

The key to a successful one of these shows is a likeable bachelor/bachelorette, a la Bret Michaels in “Rock of Love.” And I don’t think you can get much more likeable than Chad, so I think VH1 could have something pretty special on its hands.

I would much rather watch Chad catching touchdown passes from Carson Palmer, but I will be watching this too. I might even wear my Chad jersey a couple of weeks just to show my support…

“Chad Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch” premieres Sunday, July 11th at 9 p.m. on VH1. You can see a preview here.