Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Pick of the Week: The B***h is Back!

The purpose of my Pick of the Week is to spotlight the one show of the week I think you shouldn’t miss. It’s the show I would tell all my friends about and absolutely would not miss myself.

I promised myself that because I had picked a Bravo show two weeks in a row I would not do it again this week. But if I’m going to stay true to my purpose then I’m afraid I have no choice…

My Pick of the Week is the season premiere of “Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.”

If you’ve never seen it, “Takeover” follows hair stylist Tabatha Coffey as she takes over struggling salons and tries to turn them around. In the premiere she takes over a Chicago salon whose own owner refers to it as “a dump.” Tabatha uses some extremely tough love that is actually a valuable lesson for all of us about taking responsibility, overspending and keeping things we don’t need.

I was a big fan of “Takeover” last season and there’s nothing in the premiere to change my mind. In fact there have been some small tweaks to the formula that have actually made the show even better.

But the real reason to watch is Tabatha herself. And the you-know-what is back and she is you-know-what-ier than ever. And that’s a really good thing—for us, that is…

“Tabatha’s Salon Takeover” premieres Tuesday, November 3rd at 10 p.m. after the brand new “Kathy Griffin: Balls of Steel” at 9 p.m. on Bravo…

Photo Credit: Brian Kersey/Bravo