Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pick of the Week: The Biggest TV Event of the Year

You know I usually stay away from sports events, but when it’s the biggest TV event of the year, I really have no choice…

My Pick of the Week is Super Bowl XLIII.

Super Bowl Sunday kicks off at 9 a.m. with a special edition of “Today.” Then at 11, it’s a special edition of “Meet the Press.”

The pre-game show kicks off at noon with “Road to the Super Bowl,” NFL Films’ recap of the 2008 NFL season. Then it’s five hours of analysis, interviews and commentary.

Then things really get started at 6 p.m. with the pre-game festivities including Faith Hill singing “America the Beautiful” and Jennifer Hudson singing the National Anthem.

Kick-off is scheduled for around 6:30 p.m. and Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band will be performing at halftime.

To guide you through the day will be the wonderful team of Costas and Collinsworth—although I’m not sure even I can handle five hours with them.

I totally avoid any of the stories about commercials because I like to be surprised, but I do know that you’ll be able to see the first 3-D trailer of “Monsters and Aliens” right before halftime. And I will absolutely be watching that. It has Kiefer Sutherland in it…

Super Bowl XLIII airs on NBC…

Photo Credit: NBC Sports