Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, September 19, 2008

“CSI: Miami” Review: Business As Usual

You guys know the love I have for “CSI: Miami.” So it was a true thrill to get an early look at the season premiere.

But since the fine folks at CBS have requested that I not reveal the resolution of last season’s cliffhanger, there’s not really much I can tell you…

In case you’ve forgotten, last season ended with Horatio (David Caruso) lying on an airport landing strip after being shot. The premiere picks up very shortly after that moment as the CSIs scramble to figure out what happened.

The first five minutes will rock your world. But it won’t take long for you to figure out the big twist.

We also get closure on the whole Calleigh-Jake thing—which is good news for those of us who want an Eric-Calleigh pairing. The lovely Yelena (Sofia Milos) lends a hand to the investigation and, yes, Elizabeth Berkley makes an appearance as well.

And that’s really all I can tell you. Not just because I’m not allowed to, but because I’m not really sure what happened.

The story didn’t quite make sense and everything tied up way too neatly and quickly. But there’s some really cool special effects and a pretty neat shootout to distract you from all that.

In other words, it’s business as usual. And that’s just the way I like it…

And let’s be honest. Do I really have to tell you whether Horatio lives or dies?

“CSI: Miami” premieres Monday, September 22nd at 10 p.m. on CBS…

Photo Credit: Cliff Lipson/CBS